Fresh, crunchy, and full of bright flavors – skip the typical sandwich for lunch today and snarf down these beautiful veggie wraps.
- 2 ounces bean thread noodles
- vegetable broth for cooking
- 2 cups green cabbage, grated
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced or microplaned
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Medium-size head red lettuce or your favorite tasty green
- Soak the bean thread noodles in warm water until softened, about 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat a couple of tablespoons of vegetable broth and saute the cabbage for about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, garlic and ginger and continue to saute for another 4 minutes. The mushrooms should be soft. Add the carrots and bell pepper and cook an additional 5 minutes or until carrots and pepper are hot, but still have a nice bite. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the bean thread noodles and cut into 4-inch lengths with scissors. Add them to the vegetables along with the scallions, soy sauce, vinegar, basil and cilantro. Stir to combine.
- To serve, place a generous spoonful of the bean thread mixture onto lettuce leaves. Dip. Consume.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 330
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0