- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup fresh peanut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh peanut meal
- 1 cup mixed grains (I used Bob Red Mill’s 5-Grain Rolled Cereal)
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup sweetened cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Stir in the hemp seeds, coconut and flaxseed meal and mix until all the ingredients are moistened and thoroughly combined. Add more peanut milk if the mixture seems dry. Store in an airtight container for a few hours or overnight.
- Form the mixture into walnut-sized balls. Keep in the refrigerator.
- In a food processor, process the mixed grain (or oats) until broken down into small pieces. Remove from the processor and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Put the peanuts, peanut milk and peanut meal in the food processor and process into a nice, thick slurry. Add the cocoa powder, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and vanilla and process to combine. Remove from the processor bowl and add to the grain mixture.