Melt-in-your mouth treats that are easy to make and easy to customize. Not to mention easy to eat!
- 1 cup refined or unrefined coconut oil
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips (Lily’s Sweets brand is great)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 heaping Tbsp. Dandy Blend (herbal coffee substitute), optional
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–4 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/8 cup sweet cacao nibs (plus a little extra for sprinkling on top of the chocolate)
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped (plus a little extra for sprinkling on top of the chocolate)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (plus a little extra for sprinkling on top of the chocolate)
- Get your paper or silicon mini muffin cups onto baking sheets and have all of the ingredients ready to go before melting the chocolate and coconut oil.
- Sprinkle pecans into the bottoms of 1/3 of the muffins cups; sprinkle the cacao nibs into the bottoms of 1/3 of the muffin cups. You’ll be stirring the flaked coconut into the remaining 1/3 of the melted chocolate/coconut oil mixture – so hold off on sprinkling that into the bottom of the remaining third.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil and chocolate over low heat Whisk occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract. For really smooth chocolate, put the cocoa powder and Dandy Blend through a sieve and add to the melted chocolate. Whisk mixture until smooth and melted.
- Carefully pour chocolate into the pecan- and cacao nib-filled cups, reserving about a third of the melted chocolate for the coconut cups. Now, stir in the 1/3 cup flaked coconut into the remaining melted chocolate and pour into the last muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of the chocolate cups with the corresponding add-in so that later you know which chocolate you are popping into your mouth.
- Chill the cups until firm.
- Serving Size: 15
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 3
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 16
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0