Bursting with sweet & juicy summer flavor, this easy fruit tart makes the ideal warm weather dessert.
- 1 cup (about 8 crackers) rye crispbreads
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated or chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- ½ a large mango, peeled and sliced
- 3–4 plums, pitted and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca or corn starch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. fruit-sweetened jam, any flavor
Make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350-degree F and line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment, or lightly oil bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the crackers until fine, then add the dates and pulse a few times. Add the remaining ingredients and process until dough is uniform and holds together when pressed. Scrape dough out of the bowl and pat evenly into the pan and a bit up the sides. Bake for 10 minutes.
Make the filling & glaze
- Meanwhile, prepare the mango and plums as directed. In a small bowl, whisk together the starch and the water. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the fruit jam and the water. Set aside.
- Remove the crust from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Then arrange the fruit slices on the crust as nicely as you like. Carefully pour the water-starch mixture over the fruit. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, remove the tart from the oven and brush the glaze over the fruit. Return tart to the oven for about 10 more minutes.
- Let the tart cool in the pan until ready to serve. The liquid will firm as the tart cools.
- Top with whipped coconut cream for extra deliciousness.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 24
- Sodium: 87
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0