Piles of sweet mangoes and plums nestled inside a gluten-free crust. Oil- and sugar-free.
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, soaked in water for ~30 minutes & drained
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 4-ounces unsweetened applesauce
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1-inch nubbin of ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 1 large mango, peeled and chopped
- 5–6 plums, pitted and chopped or sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. fruit-sweetened jam, any flavor
- 1/4 cup water
Make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350-degree F and dig out your 9″-10″ springform pan.
- In a food processor, process the pecans and dates until finely chopped. Add them to a big bowl with the remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine. Pat the dough into the pan – you’ll have enough to bring some up the sides. Pop into the oven for 10 minutes.
Make the filling
- While the crust bakes, combine the mango and plums in a bowl. Stir the cornstarch into the water and then add this to the fruit. Stir. When the crust is ready. gently pour the fruit into the pan and put back into the oven for about 25 minutes.
Make the glaze
- Whisk together the jam and water. When the tart is done, brush the glaze over the fruit and return to the oven for a few more minutes. Let the tart cool in the pan until ready to serve.
- Top with sweet ricotta cream, if desired.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 20
- Sodium: 8
- Fat: 19
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Unsaturated Fat: 10
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0