Don’t let the crazy ingredient list throw you off. It works! This veggie slaw is loaded with crunch, flavor, and really healthy ingredients.
- 1/4 of a small head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Vidalia onion, chopped (I soak mine in cold water for about 15 minutes)
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 small grapefruit, peeled (squeeze the juice from the peel into the bowl), chopped into small pieces
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lime
- splash of white wine or sherry vinegar
- pinch ground black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator if you like a slaw with a little less crunch.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 40
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0