As much as I love how the salty creaminess of peanut butter whispers sweet nothings to the fruity innocence of jelly, it’s peanut butter and chocolate that really gets me hot and bothered. PB & J is like the angel sitting demurely on my right shoulder; PB & chocolate is the oh-c’mon-you-know-you-want-to devil partying on my left.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups used to be my daily 3:00 pm fix. I gave up vending machines and the lure of point-of-purchase candy displays years ago, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t break the law for a thick layer of peanut butter surrounded by deep, dark, melty chocolate. Happily, the combination of chocolate and peanut butter has not been outlawed. Yet. Just in case, I’m quadrupling the recipe and storing the extra in my bug-out vehicle.
Again, from 29 Ways to Honor the Glory of Peanut Butter & Jelly… Number 7 on my list gets its inspiration from With Style and Grace’s recipe for Peanut Butter & Jelly Cups.Print
Peanut Butter & Jelly Chocolate Bars
Make your own decadent vegan chocolate bars (or bark) – swirled with peanut butter and dried fruit – with only four delicious ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 75
- 2 cups vegan stevia-sweetened semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dried, tart cherries, chopped
- ~1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- Line a quarter-sheet baking pan with parchment paper – or use rectangular-shaped silicon molds.
- Slowly melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double-boiler. Pour the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and drop peanut butter by the spoonful onto the chocolate. Use a knife to drag the peanut butter into and around the melted chocolate. Press the dried cherries into the chocolate and refrigerate the whole mess until firm. Remove bars from molds or if using a baking sheet, break into pieces.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 24
- Sodium: 6
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0