What’s better than a sweet-n-salty peanut butter & jelly sandwich? One that’s grilled, that’s what! Warming and browning these sandwiches brings out the extra yummy.
- 4 slices really good bread (see recipe below)
- smooth or chunky natural peanut butter
- jam or jelly, your favorite flavor
- coconut oil
- Heat up a skillet and brush a tiny bit of coconut oil in the pan. Generously coat one slice of bread with peanut butter and another with jam. Unite the slices in gooey bliss and gently place in the pan. Brush the exposed slice of bread lightly with coconut oil. When the bottom of the sandwich is nicely browned, carefully flip and brown on the other side.
- With care, lift the sandwich from the pan and place on a cutting board. It’s going to break your heart a little, but buck up and cut the sandwich in half and be prepared to get splashed with filling.
- Place the cut sandwiches on plates, pour yourself a giant glass of icy cold nut milk, and devour.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 275
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 0