The nutty-sweet combination of peanut butter and jelly is a no-brainer for breakfast. Bring them together in these pretty pancakes.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1+ cup water
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup smooth or crunchy natural peanut butter
- 1 overripe banana
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. peanut butter extract, optional
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free mix (I use Bob’s Red Mill’s brand)
- 3/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 4 dates, soaked and drained
- 3/4 cup fruit-sweetened strawberry preserves
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients except the peanut butter extract and the strawberry preserves and process until very smooth. Pour about 2/3 of the batter into an air-tight container and stir in the peanut butter extract, if using. Seal and place in the refrigerator.
- Add the strawberry preserves to the blender and process until very smooth. Pour batter into another air-tight container, seal and place in the refrigerator.
- In the morning, warm your plates in a 200F oven. Get the griddle or pan heating.
- Pour the batters into separate bowls and add water if needed. The strawberry batter gets especially thick. When the griddle is hot, lightly spritz it with oil and drop about a 1/4 cup of peanut butter batter onto the surface. Swirl it a bit to enlarge it, then drop a heaping tablespoonful of strawberry batter into the center and gently swirl it a bit. Repeat this process – turning pancakes after a few minutes and browning on the other side -until all of the pancakes are cooked.
- Keep pancakes warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries, chopped peanuts and – – peanut butter.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 35
- Sodium: 209
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 52
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 2