Over the years I’ve made a lot of banana bread from many different recipes. A lot. This one is the simplest I’ve ever made and also the most delicious.
- 3 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened natural almond or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegan, stevia-sweetened semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Lily’s Sweets)
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan with parchment or lightly spray with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, nut butter, sugar, and oat milk and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and firm on top. Let cool before slicing.
- If you have one, use a food processor to quickly combine the wet ingredients.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 15
- Sodium: 153
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 0