It’s been giveaway crazy around here lately and I’ve got another one for you today! Actually – another two (in one)!
Stellar vegan cookbook author, Kathy Hester, and kitchen utensil giant OXO have teamed up for a fantastic giveaway in anticipation of the release of her new book, OATrageous Oatmeals: Delicious & Surprising Plant-based Dishes From This Humble Heart-Healthy Grain. I was lucky enough to be a recipe tester for this book so I know how good it is! I think this is Kathy’s most beautiful book, yet, too – with photos by Kate Lewis. I can’t wait to have this cookbook on my shelf right next to all of Kathy’s other incredible books.
To win a copy of Kathy’s upcoming cookbook PLUS a whole mess of OXO kitchen goodies (pictured above), enter via Rafflecopter below. Easy peasy!
To be eligible for the second giveaway, pre-order Kathy’s book and be one of the first 100 people to email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, mailing address, and phone number (for delivery purposes) and you could win $25 worth of OXO products. Pre-order Kathy’s book here for $15.06. Kathy has some other surprises for everyone who pre-orders her book, including an OATrageous newsletter with recipes that are not in the book – plus coupons.
To get your appetite going, I’m sharing Kathy’s Mushroom Ginger Congee recipe below.
I’m pleased to share Kathy’s delicious congee recipe below. I love how simple yet full of flavor this dish it – and it is the ultimate comfort food.
Served in a bowl, Congee is a thick Asian comfort food that can soothe a sort throat or just make you feel better after a bad day. This recipe makes enough for two, but feel free to double or triple if you’re feeding more or want to keep some in the fridge for the duration of your cold. The mushrooms and ginger are great for getting your immune system back on track. – Kathy Hester
- 3 cups (710ml) vegetable broth or vegan chik’n broth
- 1/2 cup (48g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (35g) minced mushrooms (shiitakes are great)
- 1/4 cup (27g) minced carrot or sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp. (6g) grated ginger
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- hot pepper flakes, to taste
- Bring the broth, oats, mushrooms, and minced carrot or sweet potato to a boil in a medium pot. Lower the heat to medium-low and add in the ginger, soy sauce, and vinegar. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the oats are cooked and the stew becomes thick.
- Before serving, add salt to taste and spice with hot pepper flakes.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 1532
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 0
The OATrageous Oatmeals OXO Giveaway starts today and ends Monday, August 4. Pre-order the book here! And don’t forget to email your receipt to OXO at email@example.com!