THESE WARM AND CARAMELIZED PEARS are about to become your go-to fall dessert. We like them served over coconut non-dairy ice cream, and I always make extra to enjoy over steel cut oats in the morning. – Terry Walters
- 4 ripe pears, Bosc or d’Anjou
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest and juice of 1 orange 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Quarter pears by cutting from stem to base. Using a melon baller, scoop out and discard core. Melt coconut oil in cast iron skillet over medium heat. Place pears flesh- side down and sauté 3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- In small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, orange zest and orange juice. Add almonds and drizzle mixture evenly over pears.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake 10 minutes or until pears are soft and caramelized. Remove from oven and serve.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 3
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0