Is there anything prettier than deep, dark, shiny chocolate bars? Add a little crunch, a little mint – and your mouth is in sugar-free sweet heaven.
- 3/4 cup high-quality cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. NuNaturals Cocoa Mint Syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Set aside a silicon mold. Put the cacao powder in a large glass measuring cup. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, gently melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil with the Cocoa Mint Syrup. Once the mixture is melted, remove pan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla and peppermint extracts. Pour mixture into the measuring cup with the cacao powder, and whisk until it is thoroughly incorporated and a rich, dark brown. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Stir in the puffed quinoa and cacao nibs. Divide the mixture between 9 molds and refrigerate until set, less than one hour.
- After you pour the chocolate into the molds, sprinkle a little extra puffed quinoa and cacao nibs on top.
- Serving Size: 9
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 2
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0