I’m a sucker for anything kitchen/dining-related – and even moreso since becoming a food blogger. It’s kind of like (for the females in the audience) searching endlessly for that perfect pair of shoes or the little black dress. What you already have in the closet is close, but isn’t quite right, so the search continues.
When Restaurantware approached me about reviewing their products I took a look through their online catalog and decided their eco-friendly goods were right up my alley. They sent me a bamboo sample box and I’ve been having fun using the bowls, plates, utensils, and straws in my photography and in my kitchen ever since. You can see everything that was in the box of goodies that they sent me. And to showcase their bambooware, I’m sharing another recipe, Raw Brussels Sprouts Salad with Tempeh Bacon, from the Green chapter of Crave Eat Heal.
RW’s products are not limited to bamboo, however. They’ve got porcelain bowls, glass bottles, drinking glasses, brightly-colored food-grade bags, skewers, ramekins, wooden boards, and even some food items.
Some other things I have my eye on (these are NOT affiliate links, BTW):
There are SO many fun things! The site is geared to those in the food business – – but there are tons of items that appeal to food bloggers and those who just love to show off their culinary creations.
I think you’ll like RW’s products, too, and so I’m pleased that they’ve given me the go-ahead for one lucky reader to win $50 of store credit. And good news! This is giveaway open to those in the U.S., Canada, and overseas! (Disclaimer: the winner pays for shipment costs.) You can enter the giveaway below; I’ll be selecting a winner on June 18.
Crunchy, green, tangy, and slightly sweet, this healthful salad will have you loving Brussels sprouts. It’s a recipe from the Green chapter of my cookbook, Crave Eat Heal.
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 large head fresh fennel, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, roughly chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 8 slices tempeh bacon (store-bought or homemade)
- 6 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Pinch sea salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the Brussels sprouts and fennel and pulse until finely chopped/shredded. Add to the bowl with the dressing. Now process the carrots and red onion and pulse until chopped into small pieces. Add the carrots and red onion to the bowl with the Brussels sprouts.
- Stir in the dried cherries and divide the salad between four bowls. Sprinkle the salads with the toasted walnuts and crumble 2 slices of tempeh bacon per salad on top. Serve immediately.
- Use cabbage in place of Brussels sprouts.
- Try using lemon juice/zest in place of orange.
- If you won’t be serving the salad immediately, just don’t dress the salad. Store the salad and the dressing separately and wait until you’re ready to serve before combining them.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 120
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 14
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 0
Giveaway runs through June 17, 2015 and is open to EVERYONE! Keep in mind that this prize DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COSTS OF SHIPPING.