A light starter for a summer meal or a refreshing break between courses, you can also call this a smoothie and enjoy it for breakfast! So simple and easy to make.
- 1/2 cup large flake coconut
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha
- 1/4 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. coconut oil, optional
- zest of 1/2 a lime
- 16-ounces cantaloupe chunks (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (about 5–6 sprigs)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
Make the Toasted Coconut
- Prepare the coconut first. Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the Sriracha coconut and stir until the hot sauce, maple syrup, and coconut oil (if using), evenly coat the flakes. Bake the coconut on a small baking sheet or in an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish for 25-30 minutes, stirring several times.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. This yields more than you will use on the soup, but it’s tasty on top of salad, too.
Make the Soup
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Taste and add more mint or lime, if needed.
- Be sure to taste the melon before making this soup. You want a ripe, very sweet melon.
- This soup is best served immediately after blending.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 71
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0