If fall had a flavor, this would be IT! Thick, luscious and absolutely delicious, this smoothie is a healthy way to tackle that sweet tooth.
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, roasted, peeled & chilled
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana, cut into chunks & frozen
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (I prefer the thick creaminess of soy milk)
- 3 tsp. NuNaturals NuStevia Ginger Syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled & chopped
- water, as necessary, to thin smoothie
- Place all ingredients, except for water, in a high-speed blender and process until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add small quantities of water until desired texture is achieved.
- Divide between 2 tall glasses, top with mint sprigs, and serve.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 233
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 45
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 0