It ain’t pretty, but it is absolutely delicious! Serve this easy, comforting bread pudding for brunch, breakfast or even a holiday dessert. The warm mocha sauce takes it to the next level.
- 4 cups bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (stale works best)
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 Tbsp. VeganEgg powder
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 2 Tbsp. Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup, or vegan chocolate sauce
Make the pudding
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F and have an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish ready. No need to spray or coat with oil.
- Place the bread in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the raisins. Set aside.
- In a blender, thoroughly blend the cold water with the VeganEgg. Make sure there are no lumps. Now add the non-dairy milk through the cinnamon and blend again.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the bread and raisins and stir to thoroughly coat the bread. Carefully transfer mixture to the baking pan. Bake pudding for 30-40 minutes or until firm and starting to brown on top.
Make the mocha sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coffee (it helps if it’s warm), cocoa syrup and cocoa powder until smooth.
- To serve, divide the bread pudding – while still warm – among bowls and drizzle with mocha sauce.
- I cube the bread and spread it out on a baking sheet and let it sit overnight so that it gets slightly hard and crispy.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 24
- Sodium: 140
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 42
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0