Over the six+ years I’ve been blogging here at An Unrefined Vegan, I’ve baked my share of cookies. This time of year cookies become especially important because they are an integral and beloved part of many a holiday ritual. Sugary molasses crinkles; rich, wreath- and star-shaped butter cookies; and crisp, brightly decorated sugar cookies were my family’s favorites.
I’ve selected twelve of my cookie recipes – many of them sugar- and/or oil-free – to share (or more aptly, re-share) with you in time for Christmas baking. If you take part in cookie exchanges or bake up batches of several kinds of cookies for your family and/or neighbors and friends, I hope you’ll find inspiration here. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!
- Chocolate Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies
- Banana Bread Cookies
- Maamoul (Date-Orange Stuffed Cookies)
- Simple Maple Oat Cookies
- Espresso Shortbread with Dates
- Apple Butter Cookies
- Pop’s Chocolate Chip Cookies with Grapefruit & Anise
- Chocolate Ginger Orange Cookies
- Superfood Cookies
- Coffee-Cacao Biscotti
- Triple Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sunbutter Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies