The ultimate sweet comfort food is so easy to make in the pressure cooker. It’s naturally sweetened by the apples and beautiful Medjool dates.
- 3 pounds sweet apples, such as Honeycrisp, peeled & cored
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup chopped Medjool dates
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- Cut the apples into chunks and place them along with all of the remaining ingredients in a pressure cooker and stir. Set to cook for 10 minutes, then let the pressure come down naturally.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir the contents. Let mixture cool (warm is fine, but not hot) and then transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Depending on the size of your processor, you may need to work in batches. Process until very smooth.
- Transfer apple butter to air-tight containers and store in the refrigerator, or for longer storage, freeze in small quantities.
- I used predominately Honeycrisp apples, but included one Pink Lady and one Gala.
- I weighed the apples AFTER I peeled and cored them.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 33
- Sodium: 3
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 41
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0