A healthy oil- and sugar-free vegan superfood granola recipe that’s great for snacking or breakfast. Just add fresh fruit and your favorite non-dairy milk!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Grape Nuts or Food for Life Ezekial Cereal
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup goji berries (or other dried fruit)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cacao nibs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon açaí powder, optional
- 1 cup chopped medjool dates, soaked in water to soften (reserve water)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 unsweetened sunbutter
- Preheat oven to 250-degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, Grape Nuts, berries, seeds, cacao nibs, cinnamon and açaí powder.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the dates, maple syrup, and sunbutter. If needed, add a tablespoon or two of the date soaking water if the mixture is too thick to blend. Scrape into the oat mixture and stir until the ingredients are thoroughly coated.
- Scrape granola onto a large baking sheet and bake, stirring every 15-20 minutes, until firm and beginning to crisp. As the granola cools, it will crisp up even more. Let it cool completely before storing in a air-tight container.
Make it gluten-free by using more oats in the place of the Grape-Nuts.
Keywords: granola, oats, dates, breakfast, snack, easy, quick, healthy