My “slightly different” golden milk has a hint of orange that complements the sultry spices and creamy nut milk. Delicious and good for you, this cold weather beverage is comfort in a mug.
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange spice teabag (I use Stash brand)
- 1-inch knob ginger root, roughly chopped
- zest of 1/2 an orange, optional
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 –1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 2 whole star anise
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 peppercorns
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- sweetener, to taste (I use NuNaturals Vanilla Syrup)
- Pour the water into a medium-sized saucepan, cut open the teabag and add the contents. Add the ginger root, zest, cinnamon, turmeric, cardamom pods, star anise, cloves, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and add the non-dairy milk. Cover and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully strain the solids from the pan and discard.
- Add sweetener, taste, and adjust. Gently re-heat and divide the golden milk between two mugs.
This recipe contains Amazon Affiliate links.
Keywords: beverage, golden milk, turmeric, spices, cinnamon, star anise, clove, cardamom, easy