Pasta isn’t complete until it’s sprinkled liberally with this savory, flavorful seasoning. It takes less than five minutes to make and keeps beautifully in the refrigerator. Tweak the spices to suit your tastebuds.
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I use Morton & Bassett. It has a nice kick to it.)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, optional
- Put all of the ingredients in a mini-prep and pulse until a blended and broken down thoroughly – or to your preferred texture.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. I suppose it lasts indefinitely!
White miso powder is a very nice addition to this (skip the salt, though), but it’s not easy to find so I didn’t include it in the recipe. The Health Ranger sells it here.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
Keywords: seasoning, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, spices, parsley, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, Italian, herbs